I brought another box of books into the library today. They were donated from a friend who is about my age, and they are in excellent condition. The only problem I see with them is that they are very dated and look like they are from the 80s, which they are. This is only a problem because kids tend to judge books initially by their covers, so I'm concerned that they won't like them. However, the reading level of the books is right up their alley, so that will be a big benefit.
Today I may remove the Babysitter's Club books because they haven't been checked out since I arrived 2 months ago, and that makes me think that the kids just aren't interested in them. With limited space it is better to remove books they don't like, I believe.
I also discovered today that the program I've been using, ResourceMate, to update the collection, seems to have expired. I can still use it, but searching to import all the information of a book is no longer an option. This is slightly frustrating, but I will continue to update the collection by just putting in a book's title and author, since that is the most important part anyway.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment